Quiz time - what three wood have been used - answers Fri.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred55

Established Member
Reaction score
This is not to test anyone more a test on me posting pictures - far too often I get the result too big. So hope I posted 2 pictures - made from scraps of wood that should really be in the bin.
Will post answer tomorrow - the winner gets a big fat nothing.

Attachments

• SAM_1418.JPG
    SAM_1418.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 862
  • SAM_1419.JPG
    SAM_1419.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 862
Whatever method you used to size the images it worked, perhaps carry out a little exposure correction at the same time on the next ones.
SAM_1418[1].JPG

T to B.
Walnut?
Yew
Cherry?

Personally I would like to make a couple of comments on the Tea Light Holder,
I would like to see a glass holder between the candle and the wood to help with heat dissipation.
Not too sure about the potential for it being easily knocked over and spilling molten wax.

Attachments

• SAM_1418[1].JPG
    SAM_1418[1].JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 833
Top to bottom - Magnolia (early season big white flowers) - Yew - Cherry (flowering type). All sourced from neighbours but only when they had been cut to wood burner sized logs but took them anyway.

Not too good an angle for the tea lights but the base is quite heavy to give more stability - Glass bowls would make it heavier on top for tea lights I thought the tin can they are in would be sufficient heat protection; food for thought !

Latest posts

Back