Quick tenons

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello everyone..............i am trying to find another method for cutting tenons.............at the moment i use my table saw, but i'd like to try a different way.................a quick way :)............i have quite a bit of tenoning to do, so if anyone could suggest a quick way..........please do :).

Kenny.

Kenny,

• Hand saw (quick - eventually. With practice.) and shoulder plane (ooo, look, an excuse to take a trip on The Slope. Obviously a Good Thing...)
    Router plane (slow, slow, quick, qui-, well just slow really)
    Router table (like this)
    Bandsaw (ah, gotta love the Neanderbuddy)
    Cheat and use a biccy jointer or Beadlock
    Woodrat (oh look mother, quick and accurate)
    Spindle moulder (how quick that is might depend on how long you take to save for one of course...)
    Leigh <choke> or Trend M&T jig (lest said soonest argument avoided :wink: )
Ah, there's probably plenty more, but to be going on with. :D

Cheers, Alf

Aragorn":r6wu7v6v said:
Alf":r6wu7v6v said:
Leigh <choke> ... M&T jig
Are you choking on the unrivalled speed and accuracy and pleasure and ease of use, Alf :?: :wink:

Just the cost I imagine. :wink:

Adam

Is this a private argument or can anybody join in :wink:

I would go for :
Handsaw or Router(with a home made jig) and then a Bandsaw(I dont own one hence last choice) simple, economic and quicker with each one cut.

Bean

asleitch":dbjpa2ya said:
Aragorn":dbjpa2ya said:
Alf":dbjpa2ya said:
Are you choking on the unrivalled speed and accuracy and pleasure and ease of use, Alf :?: :wink:

Adam

Maybe she should review one.... one never knows.... :lol:

Cheers -

Rob
(not "Leigh")

asleitch":3u3qj5qm said:
Aragorn":3u3qj5qm said:
Alf":3u3qj5qm said:
I'm saying nuttin'
newangel.gif

Cheers, Alf

Very, very willing for someone else to review router gadgets of any variety. :shock:

To try to get past the arguing. lol. I use a router jig to make the mortices and jigs on the table saw for both shoulder and cheek cuts.
A few pieces of plywood, mdf, hard and softwood and an hour to make the jigs.
Just a few minutes to make each M&T

Hello Dowels,
Over the last three years I haven't found a better way (or quicker) than using the table saw (Triton workcentre).

Of course you could always ask Ian again he might do half of them for you. :roll:

Back