Quick release vice just too tedious? This is for you :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trevanion":2ye8ebop said:
I wouldn't mind a pneumatic wood vice that slammed shut when you hit the valve. FINGERS! :lol:

Worked for a while with an engineering vice, that had an air cylinder, in place of the screw, developed for disabled use.
That thing gripped!!! Bang ON, crash OFF! No finesse, got thrown out as too dangerous in the end.

Bod

My desire to own one of these or any multitude of shiny workshop kit is inversely proportional my need for it, it does look good though you have to admit.

An improvement I dreamed about was a mini-chain morticer; about the size of the domino with interchangeable bits. Operating on the plunge like a domino. That's what I call overkill. :mrgreen:

John (hammer)

I'm always looking for ways to save time in the workshop.

With this tool I can easily reduce my vice closure time from three quarters of a second to a quarter of a second. That's a half a second saving.

if I value my time at say £50 per hour, that's a saving of 0.03p (rounded up) per vice closure.

That means I would only have to open and close the vice 8795 times and it's paid for itself!

No brainer really.

Suffolkboy":33fcxljq said:
I'm always looking for ways to save time in the workshop.

With this tool I can easily reduce my vice closure time from three quarters of a second to a quarter of a second. That's a half a second saving.

if I value my time at say £50 per hour, that's a saving of 0.03p (rounded up) per vice closure.

That means I would only have to open and close the vice 8795 times and it's paid for itself!

No brainer really.

You forget the cool cogs that you can see spinning behind the clear plastic

Back