Quick Release Handles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG

Established Member
Reaction score
Several weeks back someone put a link up for quick release handles, replacements for the screw on the blade holder. I saved the link at the time but have since lost it and I can't find the orginal post, does anyone
have a link please :D The head on my hex bolt went over the weekend so I now have a nut and bolt on the top blade holder. Thank you :D

As I recall they are generically called "Bristol" handles and are common on a lot of machinery. The ones on my Jet were M4 which may or may not be the same as yours. I had the Axminster clamps on the Jet which seem to be quite popular.
Stand by your bunk and somebody intelligent will be along shortly I am sure, to either confirm that or prove me to be the muppet I always suspected!

Thanks Bodge :) I new I should have ordered them at the time! I downloaded an update that appeared after logging in on here one day, before I knew it my computer had been taken over by aliens.
I ended starting the computer on one of those previous dates when you know everything worked OK, sadly it deleted all my bookmarks, I'd saved hundreds of them to over several years!

Ouch! That sucks. I am now paranoid about such things and make sure to back up bookmarks as well as anything else important. I always do it with a heavy heart as I find it a chore, but I am sooooo thankful I have done it on the odd occasion that things go wrong and I need the backup.

Here is one of the threads on the forum about them.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/awfs-18-top-blade-clamp-t81687.html

Back