Quick Release for SIP 01373

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdampney

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if there is a quick release clamp for the SIP 01373 scrollsaw, or one that's compatible? Changing pinless blades is quite annoying (the bottom clamp is awkward to get to anyway, and it seems difficult to get the blade in the right place), though with practice I'll probably get a bit quicker.

Also, does anyone have any tips for getting the tension right (e.g. loosely close the clamps then use the quick tension release knob to tighten as much as possible, or as tight as possible with the clamps then gently apply the tension)? I've nearly bent the tension knob a few times trying to get the blade so it 'pings'.

Kes

I've only just seen your post.
Unfortunately I can't help with your questions.
I thought there were a few SIP users here perhaps they missed this post.

I've been searching for a manual for your saw to see what it's like but was unable to find one. If anyone has a pdf manual for this saw I'd appreciate a copy. In fact I would appreciate copies for any make of saw at all, except Hegner, I already have plenty of those. :)

Martin.

Back