Quick release clamp .. hegner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondog

Reaction score
Is there anywhere in the UK where I can get a quick release blade clamp for an old hegner
Any links would be very much appreciated

This is the link but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

https://www.hegner.co.uk/quick-clamp-for-piercework.html
Amazing that Hegner can charge almost £30 for that small part isn't it. It also amazes me that they are out of stock, you would think that if they can get folk to pay that amount they would have plenty in stock.

I think Hegner machines are excellent and well built but spares prices are 'totally over the top'.

A few years ago the little switch on mine went open circuit, Hegner wanted £24 plus £2.50 P&P for this tiny standard switch that can easily be obtained elsewhere for around £1.00, (it's just a common mini rocker switch) they don't even make the switches. Their profit margin on spares must be astronomical. :)

Is there anywhere in the UK where I can get a quick release blade clamp for an old hegner
Any links would be very much appreciated
Moondog have you considered trying to make your own quick clamp adapting one of the normal clamps? Surely worth a go considering the price and supply issues. :)

Hegner UK are rip-off artists with a captive market, cannot buy direct from GMbH.
The prices have all jumped and blamed on 'brexit', even the stock on hand.
:mad:

They also have another quick clamp, cant remember what it is called.
I bought 4 couple of years ago.

The Hegner quick clamp may be expensive but is worth its weight in gold IMHO

I was lucky to buy one second hand at £15 but they are rarely for sale

Using a DIY version is in my opinion a waste of time, that is compared to the correct part, the original has a pivot on the end where it touches the blade, so it will swivel, virtually impossible to make something like that (and yes I have tried)

£30 will will also add value to the machine should you ever come to sell it but the ease of use makes the £30 worth spending IMHO

The Hegner quick clamp may be expensive but is worth its weight in gold IMHO

I was lucky to buy one second hand at £15 but they are rarely for sale

Using a DIY version is in my opinion a waste of time, that is compared to the correct part, the original has a pivot on the end where it touches the blade, so it will swivel, virtually impossible to make something like that (and yes I have tried)

£30 will will also add value to the machine should you ever come to sell it but the ease of use makes the £30 worth spending IMHO

If you have watched any of my videos you will know how much I have extolled the Hegner quick clamp and the quick tension release, I would not want to be without either but I do think the price is way too much for what it is.

I have heard other reports of the so called pivot part but even though I bought my Hegner new (supplied with the quick clamp) it does not have such a feature, it's just a hardened thread with a turned plain end fitted into a alloy knurled knob, it has no pivoting action and I think that if I could not afford to buy one I could fettle something up to do the same job as the one supplied with my machine.

I suppose they must have changed the design since I bought my Hegner.

I agree have some sort of quick clamp is essential rather than having to use the 'clock' key, I think it would drive me mad having to keep using that when doing lots of cutouts.

Latest posts

Back