Quick customer job done last night

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a couple of productive hours in the workshop last night. I've been really busy insulating and lining the workshop the past few weeks so it was really nice to get on with some actual making.

A customer wants a shelf in her airing cupboard and due to her living in a really compact (read; bloody tiny) new build property there isn't the space to make it insitu. This is the solution I came up with, prefabricated and easily removable for boiler access/servicing.
IMG_1720.JPG

All edges chamfered and sanded smooth, the front edge received a heavy chamfer to make getting things on/off easier.
IMG_1719.JPG

Made from the finest wickes PSE banana pine and finished with danish oil. I actually bought all five of the available loose lengths with the intention of selecting the three best once it had settled in the workshop for a day or two. This was the worst of the 5 and is likely going to end up as firewood or get ripped down for a support batten in a little floating shelf job I've got booked for another customer.
IMG_1718.JPG

This is only a little project and just one part of a job I am doing this weekend but may be of interest to some of the other members.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 218
phil.p":37370rfy said:
When I did mine I stuck them all together with hot melt - great when twelve moths later I had to dismantle it all, it just knocked apart.

Moths in the airing cupboard is just asking for trouble :D

Back