Questions from a beginner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about bikes is all well and good (for those as likes 'em - but some lovely work BTW) but what really disturbs me is all this talk about fish and chips - it's one of the (relatively few) things that I really miss here! Up to now, every time I've visited UK I've always made sure that I get at least one fish & chips meal, ideally a couple.

(thread drift, sorry)

AES

I've got a pattern somewhere for a suzuki RF if anyone wants to give it a try. I've been to busy for to long to do anything with it.

(this is the point most people say "what's a suzuki RF?")

novocaine":3atdv01c said:
I've got a pattern somewhere for a suzuki RF if anyone wants to give it a try. I've been to busy for to long to do anything with it.

(this is the point most people say "what's a suzuki RF?")

What's a Suzuki RF?

Sorry, I do know but couldn't resist :D

Phill

P.S. I'm originally from Yorkshire too. Brought up on motor bikes and the all important diet of Fish & Chips. There was (I assume still is) a chippy on Leeds market that does grand fish and chips.

just to add, I'm from beverley for my sins, so yet another Yorkshire lad who's legged it (for my own safety).

and just AES,

FISH and CHIPS

1. Never been on a motorbike.

2. Made up for lack of motorbikes by eating their equivalent weight in fish & chips.

You lot are a miserable load of barstewards! :D

Mind you, having been based at RAF Leconfield from 1964 until we moved to Germany in (I think) 1966, I don't expect an awful lot from anyone from Beverley (hammer)

:D :D :D

AES (just off to eat some Roesti & Bratwurst now).

nowt wrong with folk from Beverley, at least nowt that sterilization would cure in a couple of generations. :)

could be worse, could be from Hull. :)

novocaine":2y4uv8u1 said:
nowt wrong with folk from Beverley, at least nowt that sterilization would cure in a couple of generations. :)

could be worse, could be from Hull. :)
There is something worse than coming from Hull - going to Hull :D

Oh, I'm sooo pleased to have missed all that talk about fish and chips last night (sorry to bring it up again Andy!!!)

I last had fish and chips on 24th October 2014. How do I know that? Well :-

The night before we left our home of 30 years in Wiltshire, to retire to Germany, we had fish and chips in our motorhome on our driveway!! We had spent the the day sweeping, cleaning the polishing the house for the new owner and had decided to spend our last night parked in our drive as the house was empty. We'd finally finished as about 8.30pm and headed out to get some fish and chips. The chips were all bendy, like they always are, but I've never tasted anything so nice.

The following day, I drove our motorhome and my wife drove our car all the way to Germany and we haven't had fish and chips since coz there ain't none to be had.

Barry

it's worse than that Barry, they put Mayonnaise on chips.

:O I'm planning on a chippy tea tomorrow after my run, do you want me to mail you a small care package, I'm sure the heathens will be able to get it delivered to you without adding a vinegery white egg mix to the top of it. :)

Warmed up chips in the microwave are even limper!! But thanks for the offer ;-)

F&C are the only negative and have been far surpassed by other benefits :)

ALLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT! ENOUGH I SAY! STOP IT - NOW (hammer)

Pleez (pretty pleez)

The more I react the more you lot are going to go on and on and on ................... :D

Actually they do do F&C here (or at least what they claim is F&C - they ought to get done under the Trade Descriptions Act for calling it that). Then there's bacon (they do beautiful ham here, but just do NOT do bacon in any other form than streaky, highly salted - NO idea of proper breakfast bacon at all)! But Colemans Mustard has appeared in the shops fairly recently, as have Crawfords Tartan Shortbread. Then there's "proper" roast turkey, and "proper" roast lamb (WITH mint sauce - my Swiss wife is absolutely horrified by that one).

But just as you say Barry, there are many, many things to like over here , and I s'pose, having the above list of 6 of my missing favourites reduced to 4 relatively little things ain't bad at all. Worth it you might say - as indeed I do.

This is probably the biggest/silliest/most inappropriate thread drift I've seen on here in a long time. Sorry to the OP.

:D :D :D

AES

If I may forgive the thread drift yet further - sorry OP - bacon is very streaky here too . . . soooo, when we carry out a rally raid back to our kin in the UK we stock up with several packs of Sainsbury's smoked back bacon and put 'em in the freezer in our motorhome. I then have to drip-feed myself with a pack every couple of weeks or so. Any visitors we get 'have' to bring back bacon with them.

If I can push the thread even further to it (or me) being locked, we've just had our annual carnival time (prior to sombre Lent) and there are always lots of political floats. Here are a couple peeps in the UK may be interested in ;-)

Brexit float in Mainz
b1.jpg

Brexit float in Dusseldorf
b2.jpg

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 405
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 405
I blame the OP for the drift - he started it by noticing that some replies were from people who live relatively close to him and commenting on it. Oh, hang on, I am the OP :D

JanetsBears":hf9xg2s8 said:
I blame the OP for the drift - he started it by noticing that some replies were from people who live relatively close to him and commenting on it. Oh, hang on, I am the OP :D

Ha ha ha. Fair enough then =D>

I think that's enough of this nonsense and time we got back to scrolling, so while I was waiting for my dinner to cook I thought I'd have time to do a bit more practice. I had some thin birch laying about so thought I may well put it to good use. If anybody needs the pattern so you can create one yourself, feel free to ask. Hope you like it...
image1.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 387
I reckon your on to a winner with that one, you'd sell millions if you found the right outlet and the price was right. keep the pattern to yourself, else you'll get undercut.

you could call them artisanal forks, for those that want something more grounded than a plastic fork. this could really take off, do you reckon you could do them in other woods?

Latest posts

Back