Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been glorious up here with just the odd shower guess you're not having that luck jimi

Den Dezyn":vd068p56 said:
Its been glorious up here with just the odd shower guess you're not having that luck jimi

It's the monsoon season in Tropical Kent at the moment...fed by wild winds from the Black Country.

It will soon be summer...then watch out! :mrgreen:

Jim

There have been a few up here, but apart from a couple of ropey old Acorn planes today, a 4 and a 5 for £5 the pair and not worth a photo unless you are desperate, there has been nothing worth reporting on tool-wise for a few weeks. Still early yet though... :mrgreen:

The weather here has been dreadful - rain, rain and more rain. I did manage a quick foray yesterday but the only thing I bought worth reporting is this ...

square2.jpg

square.jpg

4" Starrett square in super condition. Strangely it was made without bubble or scriber. Two quid.

Hi,

I went to two boot sales today, not a thing.
I passed a small rusty woodwork square as they wanted £3 for it!!!!!

Pete

What a great find Roger!

Definitely worth the trip I think...and who uses these combination squares as levels anyway...you could always get a new bubble on FleaBay (probably three times the amount of the square!)

Interesting since another combination square thread came up today...there are some great bargains at bootfairs...these come up quite regularly but two quid! Brilliant! And nice size too!

Jim

..you could always get a new bubble on FleaBay (probably three times the amount of the square!)

It was not made with one, there is no place to fit one nor a scriber, the casting is there but no machining just blank - weird!

RogerP":1uoatq5q said:
..you could always get a new bubble on FleaBay (probably three times the amount of the square!)

It was not made with one, there is no place to fit one nor a scriber, the casting is there but no machining just blank - weird!

Oh...sorry...I misunderstood!

Yes...that is indeed strange. I guess they made one casting and the cheaper version was not finished for a level/scribe.

Jim

Back