Question for you all.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to thank Landy for bringing my attention to the dominant eye thingy.
My original question about whether we cut clockwise or anti-clockwise has now turned into maybe why we cut that way.
It made me look on the net for other eye tests that are maybe easier and more positive in the result and I think I've found one.

Here's a snippet of what I found :

To find out which of your eyes is the dominant one, this is a quick test :
Extend your arm straight out and form a small 'OK' type circle with your thumb and index finger.
Looking through the circle with both eyes open, frame something nearby and place it in the center of the circle.
Then close your eyes one at a time without moving the circle.
Your dominant eye is the one that placed the object in the center.

I did the test and found I'm right eye dominant.

Landy":3i4zaoil said:
Next question do you cut clockwise or anti-clockwise
Hi Landy.
This is getting interesting as the eye dominance test has thrown a spanner in the works !
I cut clockwise and have updated my info below accordingly.
It would be nice if others here replied in a similar format with their updated info as it should start to show a pattern.....well hopefully lol.

I cut clockwise
I am right-handed
I am right eye dominant

Thanks to all for taking part in this very basic, but fascinating survey. =D>

I also am right handed and cut clockwise so the question is open to the forum, right or left handed and do work clockwise or anti clockwise.

Personally I don’t think it will be a definitive answer to everyone because we are all individuals! are we not.

Dave

Landy":2zazx2qp said:
I also am right handed and cut clockwise so the question is open to the forum, right or left handed and do work clockwise or anti clockwise.

Personally I don’t think it will be a definitive answer to everyone because we are all individuals! are we not.

Dave

Hello Landy.
You forgot to state your eye dominance ?

using scrollerman's test I am left eye dominant, right handed, as to which way I cut, I am easily confused, but usually have waste to left of blade - I think....

As a follow up to my first post, on this thread :-

I cut anticlockwise.

I am right handed.

I am right eye dominant with prescription glasses on, but left eye dominant with no glasses on :?: :?: .

Chris R.

Again the plot thickens I still don't think there will be a conclusive answer people are individuals, taught differently, different skills basically an individual.

Landy":bl185i0n said:
Again the plot thickens I still don't think there will be a conclusive answer people are individuals, taught differently, different skills basically an individual.

Maybe not conclusive but there are a lot of 'Right' signals coming in so far...Hmm ?

Back