Question for owners of Wolfcraft Router Table 6155 ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to read the views of owners of the EU version of the Wolfcraft router table model number 6155 (6156 is the UK version) and hear what you think of the included Dovetail/Box Joint accessories (not included with the UK version for some unknown reason), how easy these accessores are to use etc ?

Many thanks.

Richard,
The UK version does not come with these very handy attatchments due to a problem with BS and safety worries from what I've heard. The dovetail/box joint bars and spacer bars can only be used with the safety guard removed, however they do enable you to easily cut perfectly fitting 1/4" and 3/8" dovetail & box joints making this particular router table into an 'all rounder'. The UK version has all the slots etc machined into the table top but does come with these accessories. The instruction book shows how to setup and use them but again, unlike most jigs for cutting dovetails etc, the user is not as exposed to injury as they might be from using these accessories, however, I've used them on my table for some years now and still have everything I was born with :)

Personally I'd stick to safer means of cutting the joints you need, there are plenty of jigs etc available to suit all budgets as well as cutting by hand and nearly all of them are much safer to use than this idea :wink:

Dog, I bought the same table a few of years ago. When I saw the extras on the other model I rang Wolfcraft about getting the box joint accessory & was told they are illegal because of safety fears. Not to be put off, I made my own. The first pass snatched the wood throwing it accross the shop. I could so easily have had my hand pulled into the cutter by the force.
Never again. I've been using machinery for 40 years and that was the first time I've got close to a major injury.
A far better , and safer, method is to make a jig to hold the work that rides in the mitre slot.
I made mine by screwing a length of 18mm ply to the mitre gauge then ran it over a 3/8" cutter. Move the plywood exactly 3/4" towards the cutter then make another cut. This will be exactly 3/8" from the first. A short length of 3/8" hardwood fitted in the 1st slot completes the jig. I added 2 square sections of ply either side of the mitre gauge to keep it at 90° to the table.
Now you can clamp the workpiece to the ply making it 10 times safer.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stick to my 'Screwfix' dovetail jig, looks way safer and even I should be safe from major injury :roll: :)

Best of luck Dog. My screwfix dovetail jig lasted just over a year bfore the plastic stops fell apart & the clamp down screw heads slipped. The plastic is poor quality that wont last long before disintegrating. :(

Latest posts

Back