Question for Newbie Neil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhill Red

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Neil,
Noticed from your info' that you are from Nottingham can you recommend anyone that sharpens saw blades, I've looked in yellow pages but am having no luck, hope you can be of some help?

Hi Red

Sorry I can't, but I think I know a man who can.

I've sent a pm to Steve, who is also from Nottingham, asking for him to reply to your question.

My first port of call would be to speak to Hopkinsons/Alltools on Station Street and ask their advice.

Cheers
Neil

PS So is it the play-offs next year?

Well I used to have a good old-fashioned saw doctor next to my local Sainsbury's. Just down the road in Beeston and very convenient. But since their demise I have had to trek out to Long Eaton. Long Eaton Saw and Tool Company are situated just behind Focus DIY (or is it Wickes now?). They are geared up with all the latest CNC kit. I've only used them a couple of times, but very happy with the results so far. Indeed, my router bits looked better than they did when they were new!

That reminds me, I have a blade to collect from them.

Cheers
Steve

Neil and Steve,
Thanks to you both for your help, I'll give them both a call, by coincidence i was talking to a guy today who mentioned Hopkinsons and said that they will get them sharpened and he thinks they send them to a place in Long Eaton, probably the same place Steve mentioned (it is almost like a detective novel)
thanks again for your help!

Redhill

There is a sharpener in Leicester which is not too far from you. Oswald Cox is the company.

Cheers

Tony

Back