question for kitchen fitters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I'm not sure youre up to this, but it gets worse, maybe you should look away while I recount the history of that chisel :oops:
Youre aware I am new to woodworking and have spent most of my life avoiding it. My father was a skilled cabinet maker, and when I got married and bought a house in 1972 he hoped to convert me by buying me a set of 5 of the yellow see through plastic handled Marples as a wedding present (they were valuable enough back then to be a serious present).

I cant honestly say where or when the other 4 were lost, suffice it to say they worked hard on everything EXCEPT wood. :roll: Although I recall they were sometimes used as floorboard lifters, does that count?
This last one is bent slightly to the left, about an inch shorter than when it started, and has club hammer scars uncountable on its top.

I might put it up on ebay as a well loved antique, what say you, old pal, old buddy, old friend? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I shall be away now, to increase my perimeter security and check the claymores are all armed. :lol:

novocaine":2d7wnwpm said:
No offence mean't here Mike, and I'm in total agreement with your reasoning, but my money is on Bob if it comes to that level of response.
Whilst I understand you have a set of skills you have gained over the years, some of Bobs skill can't be spoken about in polite society (nor without signing NDA's and the like) :shock:.

you do realise that admitting you have signed an NDA is actually breaking the NDA?

Its the same as the Official Secrets Act, which I can neither confirm or deny I have any knowledge of whatsoever. (hammer) 8)
Oh, and could you let me know in a plain brown envelope which of my skills CAN be spoken about politely? It would be nice to have something to talk about in our new kitchen. =D> =D>

first rule of the NDA is that we don't talk about the NDA?
second rule of the NDA, WE DONT TALK ABOUT THE NDA......

I'm sorry, I have no idea what youre talking about. :roll:
In another saga of this home "makeover" I have been blackmailed into, I had to put a new light in the cloakroom (why is there no room for cloaks in a cloak room?)
Of course the ultra modern led wall light fixing bracket bears no relationship to any known wall socket, so I had to indulge in some "lateral" again.

Mike, I REALLY hope youve taken your lithium tablets, but did you know just how good a hole a 15 mm forstner bit makes in an electrical cover plate?

OOOPS, edit to add that was a 20 mm forstner, not 15, and according to my vernier, its spot on 20 =D>

wall light plate.jpg

Attachments

• wall light plate.jpg
    wall light plate.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 88
novocaine":4yfucn9s said:
No offence mean't here Mike, and I'm in total agreement with your reasoning, but my money is on Bob if it comes to that level of response.
Whilst I understand you have a set of skills you have gained over the years, some of Bobs skill can't be spoken about in polite society (nor without signing NDA's and the like) :shock:.

He has no defence, though, against the fleas of a thousand camels.

My defence is hi'm higerant yer honor. :roll:

In all honesty, back in the day, I was too poor to pay anyone else to do work for me, and even too poor to go buy the correct tool for the job. :shock: So I used whatever was to hand untill it broke.

I'm much better now, 'onest. :lol: 8)

And a point constantly overlooked.... the only reason old tools are sought after, is because people like me destroyed so many that the ones left are worth finding. =D> =D>

Latest posts

Back