Question for Hegner owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srs

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've gone and done it, I had on paper setteled on buying a nova but this weekend gone i went round to a friends and tried if Hegner...... that was a bad move, an order will have to be placed. just a coulpe of questions tohough.

Is the leg kit is worth buying or just makeing a stand for it?

Is the AV foot kit worth the money (it would bring the lath up to the right hight)?

Cheers from a soon to be Hegner

Simon

I got a Hegner about 18 months ago (its a fantastic lathe) I got the legs but not the feet but on reflection I would just build a bench from scratch if I did it again.

Hello Simon.
I became an Hegner owner only a few months ago,and after a little niggle with it am now very happy with it :D
I had to mount mine on a bench,where i add support legs when i use it.
Take a look here at Chas's Hegner lathe owners.
Paul.J.

Hi Paul, I hope your getting a back hander from Hegner for all these plugs! :wink:

I bought the leg kit, but rather than use wood for the beams which may warp or twist over time, I laminated my own beams from MDF. I needed to get the adjustable feet because my garage workshop slopes down from back to front and the lathe is stood along the slope, not across it.

I obtained the colour reference number of the powder coating, then got some paint mixed at one of the sheds (Homebase, I think), so the whole thing looks quite good.

The full story of the construction, including integral storage and ballast trough, is here.

Ray.

TEP wrote
Hi Paul, I hope your getting a back hander from Hegner for all these plugs!
No Tam.
No backhanders,no discounts,no nothing.Just a happy customer :D i'm glad to say.
Just bought after recommendations from other forum members.
Paul.J.

Hi , I know a former Hegner lathe owner , who has upgraded to a DVR

reason , Hegner std lathe .75 hp or upgrade to 1hp

Nova DVR comes std with a 2hp motor

Allen

HI

As the new owner of the Hegner Allen mentions above :D when I got it it came with the legs and adjustable feet. I did try it but and it was very good but I couldnt get it high enough and level on the uneven surface it was on.

For the money they are worth it as they are very well built and heavy. BUT for £130 you could build yourself a very good bench with lots of storage space and weight and still have money left over for some nice new toys, oops sorry tools, etc.

john

My concern with the Hegner was horse power I already had a CL4 at 1HP so the DVR was an obvious choice.

Have you tried a DVR if you can try one before you decide its serious money you want to make the right choice

Russell":xp2m12e8 said:
My concern with the Hegner was horse power I already had a CL4 at 1HP so the DVR was an obvious choice.

Have you tried a DVR if you can try one before you decide its serious money you want to make the right choice

I have used a DVR on some bigish items , works fine , nice quality as well

Well for better or for worse (I'm hopeing on the better) I have put a deposit doen on a Hegner, now all i've got to do is to wait for it to arrive.

Cheers for your assistance

Soon to be Hegner Man (simon)

srs":2l2wq5mw said:
Well for better or for worse (I'm hopeing on the better) I have put a deposit doen on a Hegner, now all i've got to do is to wait for it to arrive.

Cheers for your assistance

Soon to be Hegner Man (simon)

Congratulations I am sure you will be very happy with it, I am with mine. =D> :eek:ccasion5:

Did you get the stand or are you making one?

john

Well done Simon :D
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
Did you send for the free DVD from Hegner :?:
Don't forget some piccys.
Paul.J.

Back