Question for Hegner Multicut 1 owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymc007

Reaction score
I have good quote from Hegner for a Multicut 1. Included in the quote is a discounted price for a HM2012QR Quick Release Tension Rod. On pointing out that this item appears to be fitted on the saw that is pictured on their website the chap honestly replied that he wasn't sure if this was the case on the actual machine.

Can anyone who has purchased on of these lately confirm if it is fitted ?

Thanks
Andy

I have one Andy and it's the lever at the back which releases tension to the top arm. I wasn't aware it is an option tbh as far as I know it's standard and mine came ready assembled, so I'd double check that.

I asked quite a few questions and found the tech guy I spoke to very knowledgeable and helpful.
What I did persuade them to give me foc was the quick change blade clamp which I think was listed at around £30.

Appreciate the info. I did ask at Hegner and below is the reply. Honest enough but if I can avoid the faff of buying and returning an unnecessary part all the better.

Thanks for the reply. I believe and having checked with my colleagues that the picture shows what can be added to the Hegner Multicut 1. However, if one is included in the initial kit and you receive 2 – you can return one and we will credit you the amount.

The one I bought 2nd hand had it fitted and the previous owner said he had to fit it himself.

I have seen a utube video of someone fitting it to the Hegner and it does not look too difficult.
It makes a big difference when releasing the tension. Make sure you get the quick blade change clamp for the front too.

Blade changes are easy peasy then and quick.
Andy

That got me to look.

I bought mine in March 2016 a Multicut 1 vs and looking through the handbook it clearly shows this model with fitted clamping lever page 5 fig 8-2 then the exploded dia as below also shows it as standard.

My invoice shows the machine, delivery and quick blade clamp ( that was listed at £19.16 + vat not £30 but I got it foc ).

the handbook makes no distinction between single or variable speed.
So I still think the salesman is confused maybe. :?

Bob

Attachments

• hegner.jpg
    hegner.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 469

Latest posts

Back