Question for Bob (ninefingers)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Spear

Established Member
Reaction score
As we've got 2 threads currently running on the subject of 3 phase/single phase, inverters, converters (static, rotary, digital etc.), why don't you do a brief exposition on the subject and bung it in the "How-To" section?

I'm sure it would be highly appreciated and would cut out a lot of the to-ing and fro-ing that's been occurring.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer, specializing in pumps before i packed it in (or it packed me in!) and my experience is mainly with 3 phase from 100 kW to 3mW, 415V to 6.6kV. I am familiar with frequency converters, but again in this sort of range (phase shift transformers, harmonic filters etc.) but what's going on here has got me confused! :?

It appears that you got a most emphatic YES PLEASE, but all you need is for the Moderators to confirm that they would accept it!

Any Moderators reading this?

PS: I would suggest that if you do get to do it, you should cover V/S as well as 3 phase conversion.

Bob,

I voted yes please, but did not comment in the thread, however to add it to the How To page needs Charley, I cannot do that.

Bob if you just want to write the document, I'll host it online for you if you like. Then no one needs to bother Charley. You can link to it in your signature or the mods can sticky it here.

Tony Spear":1yfqhvcs said:
It appears that you got a most emphatic YES PLEASE, but all you need is for the Moderators to confirm that they would accept it!

PS: I would suggest that if you do get to do it, you should cover V/S as well as 3 phase conversion.

V/S ??

Bob

9fingers":3mli26ou said:
Tony Spear":3mli26ou said:

V/S ??

Bob

variable speed i pressume

wizer":1k74gjvm said:
Bob if you just want to write the document, I'll host it online for you if you like. Then no one needs to bother Charley. You can link to it in your signature or the mods can sticky it here.

Thanks for the offer Tom.

I might well host it myself anyway. I'm thinking of trying to do it on two levels for the benefit of the wider audience.
At the top level could be fairly basic " do it like this" with options to drill down further if folk have the desire to understand in more depth.

Bob

big soft moose":2t7a70dr said:
9fingers":2t7a70dr said:
Tony Spear":2t7a70dr said:

V/S ??

Bob

variable speed i pressume

Perzacly! Particularly with regard to VFD (Variable Frequency Drives). :?

Latest posts

Back