Question about zero clearance Table saw insert.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So bought a zero clearance insert for the table saw and I've noticed that in the middle to the right of the blade its got a scoop taken out. So at that point it's not level with the left side. It's only in the middle of where the blade comes through

Is this normal for this type of insert?

Attachments

• IMG20210302150243_copy_1600x1200.jpg
    IMG20210302150243_copy_1600x1200.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 91
Yup, that’s rubbish. They are pretty easy to make. Just a piece on wood fitted to the hole, screw in each corner to level. Fence over the top to hold in place and raise the blade up cutting through the insert. Remove and extend slot for the roving knife.

Fitz.

My blade does not go below table? Got a smaller blade but kerf thinner. Any suggestions

what saw do you have that the blade can't be completely retracted when not in use? I've never seen a saw that doesn't, so I'm surprised they exist. this is a genuine question not a remark about you or your abilities or knowledge or anything else, it's just a question about your saw as I'm surprised and want to learn more.

I have an old Whitehead Junior cast iron saw, which will take blades from 9" (recommended minimum) to 12". Only with blades of 9" or less will they completely retract.

While my blade retracts below the surface it does not retract enough to be below a ply insert so I take the blade from my circular saw to start the cut. As long as it's the same kerf as the main blade it works fine.
Regards
John

Latest posts

Back