• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Quangsheng 6 SOLD To Nick M

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
£130 plus postage £10?

My beautiful Quangsheng 6 must go. (Due to illness). In 40 years in the trade it's probably the best hand tool I have owned.
Quangsheng (for those not familiar) are a Chinese company that have copied the Lie Nielsen planes pretty much to a tee and to just as high a standard. Don't forget the Lie Nielsen's are copies of Stanley Bailey planes.
In Canada they are sold as 'Wood River' brand and the 6 is Rob Cosman's favourite all round plane. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYM08CSopNA

This is a bedrock design which gives the frog a much better seating area and makes the whole plane perform better. It's also great for shooting because of it's size.
I fettled it when I got it (not that it needed much), and it runs like a Rolls Royce.
To buy new it will set you back £189 plus postage. (When they are available). https://www.workshopheaven.com/quangshe ... plane.html
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 385
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 384
Graham, I read about your current difficulties on your other thread, and can imagine it's a real wrench to sell your treasured tools. I'd love to buy it and put it to good use. I'll send you a PM.

NickM":1dt19udc said:
Graham, I read about your current difficulties on your other thread, and can imagine it's a real wrench to sell your treasured tools. I'd love to buy it and put it to good use. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks Nick. It's like selling my children!

If it's any consolation, the No 6 will probably get more attention from me than my children do!

I've sent a PM.

The No 6 just arrived on my doorstep. It was very well packaged and looks like a fantastic bit of kit. I can't wait to give it a test flight...

Thanks Graham

Nick

Back