Quality Tenon Saw with 'Open' Handle?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just to about to start an advanced evening class on furniture making using only hand tools.

I have only a really cheap and nasty plastic handled tenon saw, and so to save my embarrasment I was going to buy a high quality one.

Now the one I like is the new Lie Nielsen saw with the open handle:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?id ... 9910172639

but the Lie Nielsen price tag is too hard to swallow.

Does anyone know of any quality UK manufacturers who market saws with such beautiful open handles?

Thanks in advance

Andy

I've got the LN dovetail saw and it is a wonderful saw. It cuts through oak as if it was butter :D

I can't think of another company other then LN that still does open handle saws so you might have to buy second hand. Jesters the one to ask on where to look but you can do a search on Ebay.co.uk and see if theres one for sale there.

Just for the record, and in case some members here don't visit #cough#UK Woodworking#cough# :shock: here are the other responses Andy's had.

Gotta say, those L-N's are mighty pretty... :mrgreen:

Cheers, Jester

Charley wrote
Sorry I posted the wrong link

No you didn't! You said the sale prices, and that's what it was. You're not restricting us to just drooling over saws are you? :lol:
Mmm... planes... Drool... (homer)

Cheers, Jester

Ever thought about going Japanese? I converted about 5 years ago and never regretted it for a moment.

I have a japanese saw but I must admit I struggle to be accurate with it, the problem is me rather than the saw

Anyway I have a Lie Nielsen Dovetail and Carcass saw and they are wonderful

Back