quality mdf supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippymart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone recommend a reliable uk distributor of MDF. Getting fed up of using builder merchants suppling crappy quality mdf. Had a cabinet to build the other day as a real last minute job and I knew if I could get built in their time scale it would lead to more work.
My MDF turn up and included was a sheet the must have used for a top sheet full of scratches, footprints and bird s**t. Only needed one good face so thought I could get away with it. As soon as I cut it though it warpped all over the place.
Had to lose an hour of evening work time to go and get a sheet from Wickes.

Try champion timber they've got lots of branches not too far from you and they deliver free any quantity. If you want real good medite stuff then I use cutwrights at hanworth they cut it all to size not cheap but in our game time is money. They use a computer controlled saw and also edge stuff if you need it. I used to cut all sheets up for built-in jobs now I use cutwrights and just biscuit everything together.

Can anyone recommend a supplier like either of the above within striking distance of Sheffield?

Can't help with suppliers, but if you want really good MDF go for the MRMDF option. Yes a bit more expensive, but much, much firmer and less fluffy.
S

Steve Maskery":1h6kwic8 said:
Can't help with suppliers, but if you want really good MDF go for the MRMDF option. Yes a bit more expensive, but much, much firmer and less fluffy.
S

We are now moving over to MR for all our work, I hear the blue exterior is being replaced not that I have ever used it.

I always use MRMDF now as it cuts down the time in prep. Much more stable and denser than the fluffy stuff. I get a good discount now too. :D

Back