quality day of sport

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerP":s3s0kn02 said:
inaspin":s3s0kn02 said:
I just can't help wondering how some of the other athletes who have perhaps, won a triathlon for example, must feel when Bolt is put across as this all conquering hero and descibed in this way.
Berns
I agree with you - I don't think Usain Bolt's 10 or 20 seconds of effort compare with that required by a great many other competitors in different disciplines. Media mania I guess. :wink:

I agree with you on this one, Roger.

So he can run fast....for 10 seconds, whatever. He's tall. He's got long legs. I am not a sprinter coach and so have no idea just exactly how much training you have to do to improve on what nature gave you from birth. But I can't see it being that much.

Compared to other sports. Bugbear mentioned the shot putt..sure, the actual event takes place over a very short period of time but there is a hell of a lot of body-building to carry out and technique to improve on and learn.

No, Mr Bolt, by saying "I am the greatest athlete of all time" puts you in the running for Gold for Arrogance. You ain't that hot.

RogerS":fxllexxm said:
No, Mr Bolt, by saying "I am the greatest athlete of all time" puts you in the running for Gold for Arrogance. You ain't that hot.
Barely any mention by the media of David Rudisha winning the 800 metres in a world record time just before Bolt's run.

Barely any mention by the media of David Rudisha winning the 800 metres in a world record time just before Bolt's run.[/quote]

Yes you are correct, surely that is a greater achievement is it not. What about our lady boxer what a scrapper, now i am not an ardent boxing fan but i do like it, and i have to say that was probably the most entertaining fights i have seen in many a year and put a lot of mail boxers to shame.

For those saying womens boxing should not be allowed, i say don't be daft they can show the blokes a thing or two.

Berns

whiskywill":2xg49vry said:
Contrary to my early feelings about the games, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching a lot of the Olympic competitions but I get annoyed when I hear the c**p spoken by some of the commentators.

When talking about the "only" fourth place position of Dai Green in the 400m hurdles, he said something like "He must be disappointed after all the sacrifices he has made."

Can somebody elucidate? What sacrifices? He chooses not to do a productive day's work but chooses whether to do a bit of running, or jumping or weighlifting and then eats some expensive, tasty, healthy, protein rich food, all subsidised by those of us who work for a living.
What would happen to this country if we all decided to be full time athletes?

Rant over..........for now.

MOD EDIT REMOVED AS IT WAS NOT VERY TASTEFUL

Back