• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

quality day of sport

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Astounding! GB has never won so many and such a varied bunch disciplines. :)

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thinking, The poor old long jump got a bit overshadowed by the heptathlon and the 10.000 metres but 8.31 metres is a couple of inches longer than my workshop. Thats incredible.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Grahamshed":rvq87wzs said:
Just thinking, The poor old long jump got a bit overshadowed by the heptathlon and the 10.000 metres but 8.31 metres is a couple of inches longer than my workshop. Thats incredible.
In our local BMW dealer they have marked out the world triple jump record on the floor. Bloomin' 'eck it's a long way!

It was a great day of sport indeed :D

inaspin

Established Member
Reaction score
Makes you feel mighty proud to be british, congratulations to all our competitors =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Berns

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic - my daughter and husband were lucky to get some tickets for the evening session - she'd lost her voice by the time it all finished! :)

Rod

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes!!! Amazing tennis match for Murray. Can't quite believe it.

Also silver AND bronze in the mens pommel horse and a 4th consecutive gold for Ben Ainslie. Another great day for GB!!!

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
wow another stunner!!!!
These athletes are the role models that our kids need to look up to.
Not the over paided premiership pre madonnas or the big brother fly by night celbs.
The games have been amazing so far and the bbc coverage is mint!!!!

inaspin

Established Member
Reaction score
According to google the united states has a population of over 314 million china has a population of over 1.3 billion and the uk has a population of just over 62 million. Now i am no mathematition but i reckon if the medal table was worked out against percentage of population we are seriously kicking some but out there. It goes without saying the more people you have to chose from the stronger your team should be.

Plus the fact that no children even as young as four years old have been inhumanly treated and made to train up to 10 hours a day until they had mastered a particular tecknique, as i saw in a bbc documentary some time ago cruelty beyond belief, but the chineses way of doing things.
There athletes know of no other life, and with there human rights record if i was on the olympic committee i would vote against them coming into the games.

Sorry didn't mean to get on my soap box or be unsporting, but the chinese result does not really count for much in my eyes, all they have done is stopped a more sporting deserving and humane country winning a medal.

Berns

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
inaspin":3pv0lnr7 said:
According to google the united states has a population of over 314 million china has a population of over 1.3 billion and the uk has a population of just over 62 million. Now i am no mathematition but i reckon if the medal table was worked out against percentage of population we are seriously kicking some but out there. It goes without saying the more people you have to chose from the stronger your team should be.

Plus the fact that no children even as young as four years old have been inhumanly treated and made to train up to 10 hours a day until they had mastered a particular tecknique, as i saw in a bbc documentary some time ago cruelty beyond belief, but the chineses way of doing things.
There athletes know of no other life, and with there human rights record if i was on the olympic committee i would vote against them coming into the games.

Sorry didn't mean to get on my soap box or be unsporting, but the chinese result does not really count for much in my eyes, all they have done is stopped a more sporting deserving and humane country winning a medal.

Berns
+1 No apology needed.

You could also add that, in conjunction with their partner in crime, Russia they continue to block UN resolutions for Syria thus prolonging the bloodshed.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
On current standings I find the American medals a bit of an eye opener.

If you took swimming out of the Olympics they would be well down the table.

Mark

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
inaspin":2pmzrtyx said:

Berns
+1