Pyrography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about pyrography?

TLOML wants to buy me a pyrography machine for Christmas so that I can sign my work, and also decorate some of my plain turned items to make them more interesting. (Also, I think she secretly fancies having a go herself!!)

I have been looking around at pyrography machines, and to be honest I am a bit baffled by the choices.

There appear to be two different types of machine: -
1) Solid point machines, which come with an array of different shaped tips to allow different styles / effects.
2) Hot wire machines which come with a roll of wire for you to make any shape tip that takes our fancy (within reason!!).

Does anyone have experience of both types of machine? Which is more suitable for a beginner? Is one easier to use than the other?

All advice gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Gary

Gary, Is it one of these that you are after
General.jpg

I had this given to me some time ago along with a lot of other bits and bobs after my daughters friends father passed away.

There are 5 different nibs and a holder for the 10 different shapes.

I have never tried to use it until I saw your post, the writing that you see is the first time I had tried it.

I don't think I will have any need for it and if you will pay for the postage it is yours. It weighs about 3 1/2 lbs

If you want it send me a PM with your adress and I will send it on.

Cheers Alan

Alan,

That is exactly the bit of kit I was talking about.

That is exceptionally generous offer. If you are absolutely sure that you don't want it, then I would love to have it - thank you very much.

I will PM you my address.

Many thanks.

Gary

Latest posts

Back