Pyrograph machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadyeddie

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all. Any recommendations for a pyrograph machine. Not really looking for top of the range, just want one that'll do the job and be reliable. Thanks in advance.

Dave

In most cases if you buy cheap you buy twice , A Peter Child Artist's Pyrography Machine unit will do the job and last , I would post a link but the last one I posted was deleted , Just Google the name

I have never used the Peter Child unit. It looks a very good design.

I have an inexpensive one and it's just can't cope with much work. Basically it's a 60W soldering iron with lots of burning heads. You can set the temperature (480C max), but it doesn't have the power to maintain the temperature. It is OK for very occasional use. You have to wait for the iron to reheat each time you use it with a big head. It's very slow and not suitable for serious work. I see the Peter Child is a different design. It's the burning tip which is the heating element, so the heat is generated at the point where it's used, rather than the soldering iron design which has a remote element. Don't get a cheap one.

I had a soldering iron type prior to the Peter Child and its chalk and cheese.
I did a one day course with Bob Neill that was unbelievable grounding and used a Peter Child there before purchasing - definitely no regrets and would recommend.
hth Padster

Last edited:
I have the burn master kit. Not cheap but I spent the extra as I wanted the higher power / more robust hand pieces to almost carve with rather than just shade surface (although it will do that too).

What sort of work do you want to do as no ones asked that yet and does effect any recommendations?!?!?!

I have the burn master kit. Not cheap but I spent the extra as I wanted the higher power / more robust hand pieces to almost carve with rather than just shade surface (although it will do that too).

What sort of work do you want to do as no ones asked that yet and does effect any recommendations?!?!?!

Hi Simon,
Just starting out on the pyrography journey so basic stuff to start with. The Peter Child machine is all but ordered.

Cheers,
Dave

Latest posts

Back