pyro machine help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Janik machine but I do not like the handpiece. Will a handpiece from something like a Peter child machine work. thanks
Mark

Mark
Quick answer is no.
The Peter Child uses a hot wire which requires high current at low volts and the Janik uses a 'poker' tip which needs lower current at higher volts. The two ranges do not cross over.
Bill

thanks for that Bill. You wouldn't happen to know of a handpiece that i could use on my machine that has a similar look to that of the peter child one. I find that the janik one is too long from where it is held to the tip.
thanks mark

Mark
I do not know of a shorter Janik type handpiece. The only other type of pyro I know of is the soldering iron type which no shorter than the Janik.
Bill

Hi John, my janik machine is a solid tip one. I find it hard to control when trying to 'draw' with it because the grip is nearly half way up the handpiece.
Mark

In that case, if you are going to get anything like serious then I recommend that you get a hot wire machine and the Peter Childs jobbie is as good as you can get for the price..

I gave one of our friends their Christmas pressie this afternoon. 1/2 dozen of something like these

Coastersfstoyle.jpg

done with my PC pen. They were quite chuffed with them and the lady has a solid tip pen and is now going to look into a wire hot jobbie. I recommended the PC set to her too.. Quite a coincidence?

Back