PW is number one this issue in my book

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I mentioned the November issue of PW in another thread hoping to provoke fury in those folk who live in the darkest corners of the land :lol: However, no-one picked up on that so here's more troll bait.

The November issue is very good indeed, it covers a very wide field and yet goes into good depth on several interesting things. Beats out FWW and leaves all others in the dust IMHO. I also like the simple unpretentious, uncluttered layout - GWW please note!

waterhead37":1kc95e4t said:
I mentioned the November issue of PW in another thread hoping to provoke fury in those folk who live in the darkest corners of the land :lol:
Give me time, I haven't got to that thread yet! :roll:

Hang on. November? Ooops, I've already sent off a "missed issue" missive on that one, prompted by the information on the subscriber page. :oops: Oh well, it's only a matter of time before it is a missed issue anyway... :cry:

Now can anyone give me a good argument for renewing my FWW sub?

Cheers, Alf

I've just written off my PW subscription altogether. I can't even be bothered to fill in the "lost" issues now.

I'll simply never, ever subscribe to them again. Shame, I quite liked the balance of the magazine. The whole point of a subscription is its supposed to take less effort than heading to the newsagents and buying a copy.

Adam

Well I took out a sub after readng a few of Newbie_Neil's collection. That was August the 8th, and I have yet to receive anything.
When I complained I was told my sub began with the Oct2006 issue (sic).

It now transpires that they are starting with Oct 05 and running it until 2007. Great, if it it actually happens.

Cheers
Steve

I seem to always follow the same procedure with PW:

• I see that a few lucky people here actually have a copy
    I wait about 4 weeks during which time I fail to receive my copy
    I email PW subs dept
    I wait a few days
    PW subs apologise, but the issue is 'now no longer available' so they cannot send me another
    A week to 10 days later it turns up
*Every* time. :cry:

By contrast, FWW turns up reliably every time in a nice mailer. If they can do it why can't PW?

RP

RP, my routine goes:
  • I see that Chris has his copy
    I wait about 4 weeks during which time I fail to receive my copy
    I email PW subs dept (see below*)
    I wait a few days
    PW subs apologise, and they are sending me a replacement copy. I should receive it in 4-6 weeks
    A week to 10 days later it turns up
What I want to know is, if they can get the replacement to me so damn quick, why can't the original one show up? It must be costing a fortune! The one issue that did turn up promptly was the one with Norm on the cover. Ah, the irony. Presumably the postie's a neanderthal too. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

*The following has found success, feel free to copy and paste if you desire. I do. About seven times a year. :roll:
<insert MONTH YEAR> issue yet to arrive despite information on the website saying I should have received it. Yet AGAIN, as before, can you send a replacement if it has indeed gone missing, rather than extend the subscription. Thank you.

i see that everyone else has got theirs so i email popwood they um and ar then send me a copy then i end up with two so my mate gets one ,since i subscribed i have received one copy on time and all the rest late like the end of the month on the mags cover ,it must be costing them a bomb the postage is more than i am paying per copy .but fww allways early and a good read .
why are all the british mags in side a plastice bag now is it to stop you seeing what you are buying ??

frank

Hi all

I have to agree that the magazine is excellent but that their non-deliveries suck.

I'm with Adam on this one as I won't be renewing my membership either and that's a real shame. :cry:

Cheers
Neil

Why do we need to subscribe to a magazine?
There are so many good projects displayed at this forum :oops: :oops:

Members are quite happy to pass on their tips, advice and a working plan.

Ususal email sent - where's issue 150? On its way now sir. So dull. Why can't they get this right?

Cheers

Tim

I was told "on or before November 11, 2005". Tempting to email back and ask how it is that Chris already has his. :roll:

Ironically I did get a subscription renewal reminder this week - marked "priority". Ha-hum. :evil:

Cheers, Alf

Well my first mag, Oct 05, arrived yesterday.
It's good in many respects, but if I'd realised the distribution problems before I signed up.....

Cheers
Steve

Alf":13881cis said:
Ironically I did get a subscription renewal reminder this week - marked "priority".

I get these all the time from FWW even though I have a sub that doesn't run out until 2007. In fact another one arrived this morning!

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Are they definitely from Taunton though? They've been having a lot of trouble with other firms sending sub reminders I believe. I haven't had any from Taunton until the last couple of months, and that 'cos the sub gives up after the next issue. Can't believe 3 years has gone by so quick. :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":edvqc34b said:
Are they definitely from Taunton though?

Oh I don't know, I don't even open them. I'll check. It says Taunton Direct inc on the address inside. I'm assuming thats them!

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back