Putting a Scheppach hs 2500 ci together - a question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I hope someone can help me out there - the switch/plug unit, what does it attach to? There is a metal plate, with four holes for self tappers, to attach to the switch unit, and a threaded stud out of the back of the plate, with no apparent home to go to. The instructions obviously refer to a previous model, and I want to get this thing up and running. I am slightly reluctant to turn it onto its feet and carry on building, hoping to find a solution, as there is a risk I will have to take it apart again. Any advice from anyone who has recently put one of these together would be gratefully received.

Welcome to the forum Simon. Sorry i do not have the answer to your question but i believe that one of our members works for NMA Agencies who are importers of Scheppach.

Good Luck with your table saw.

Regards

Woody

Simon, welcome, this may help, bit grainy...:
SheppachRcd.jpg

As Woody has mentioned, the man at MNA may be about on Monday.

Noel

Thanks for the welcome guys - I have been meaning to join for a while, and my problem gave me the required push!

Thanks for the photo Noel - would you believe that the design has changed in the short time this saw has been available, but I have finally figured it out, I think, using meccano logic from many years ago. The plate I have would appear to fit directly on to the support for the fence guide tube - so I shall crack on with that theory. Should wait until tomoorw really, but today I have the time available.

Hope you are happy with your saw - I had it on my short list for some time, and when I saw it in the flesh at the D & M show recently, the decision was easy. Had been tempted by the 4010, but a big leap in price for an amateur like me. Hopefully I will be in business some time this afternoon.

Regards,

Simon

Simon,

I had exactly the same problem - they've changed the design, and the mounting plate doesn't look like either the pictures in the brochures/magazines, or in the manual itself!

I think you've got the idea though - the mounting plate is the one with the 1" bolt permantely attached - the plate attaches to the NVR assembly with this permanent bolt pointing upwards, which in turn attaches to the guide-rail assembly for the rip fence.

I hope that makes sense - it was the only way it seemed to fit. The other L-shaped plate (which I took as being another candidate for the NVR switch) is used for mounting the hose guide at the corner of the machine (I think).

Martin.

Martin,

Thanks for that - yes, I now have the whole thing up and running, and the NVR unit secured as described.

I have also used that L-shaped plate to mount the hose guide - I couldn't find anywhere it would fit, as I have the side and length extentions fitted, and finished up drilling a hole in the side of the side extention, and bolting it there. Works a treat, but would be in the way if I wanted to fold down the side table. Fortunately I have enough space not to have to do that.

I found setting up the side extention a bit of a pain, and am still not entirely happy; conversely the sliding table was a joy to set up - couldn't have been easier.

I am a fan of Scheppach kit, as it is good and solid - I just feel they let themselves down by not keeping the literature up to date with the hardware, and they really need to find a different interpreter!

I trust you are enjoying your saw, I think I may just pop next door and cut up some wood!

Regards,

Simon

Wait a minute now - I'm four years from retirement, and just putting a decent workshop together for the first time in my life, whilst I can afford it. As my wife keeps saying, its about time I started producing some furniture - but I think I'm a bit lacking in the skills department. Looking forward to developing those, with a few tips from here!

Simon

Ah, that explains it! If you are just putting together a workshop I GUARANTEE that, though you may have enough room now, you won't in four years time! Best of luck with the project, Simon. Any chance of some pics of your workshop, please?

Cheers
Steve

Space, the final frontier.

Simon,

Yep - I also struggled with the side extension table - not least because it's fairly heavy, and I was doing most of the assembly on my own. However, that aside I think the whole package is very well designed once you've got it all fitted together.

You're right about the literature though - it does let them down somewhat, but I suppose that's the price of them adding features/improvements so frequently (or I suppose they could be "cost savings" instead :evil:).

When I ordered the slot cutter I got a real shock - the instructions that came with it were all in German, with no other language translations supplied. A quick call to D&M sorted it out and the correct English/German version was delivered by NMA, but it does make you wonder sometimes....

Martin.

Back