Push to open fittings for cupboard doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some decent ones, I've used some from screw fix before which worked but didn't exactly ooze quality.

Thanks fellas i will check those out. Am i right in saying i have to use unsprung hinges with these?

I've used some from eBay with standard butt hinges and they worked a treat. Let me know if you want a link.

Hettich always work well for me. Intermat 9943P is the model number I've used. You will also need a backplate. They offer traditional cruciform style items, and more contemporary inline types too. I'll dig around my invoices to try finding the model numbers. You'll also need a push to open magnetic catch to hold the door closed. Go for a clean look with a catch bored into the carcase edge, or you can get mounting plate to hold the catch on the inside of the cabinet.

Good luck

Inkdchippie":3devmttx said:
Hettich always work well for me. Intermat 9943P is the model number I've used. You will also need a backplate. They offer traditional cruciform style items, and more contemporary inline types too. I'll dig around my invoices to try finding the model numbers. You'll also need a push to open magnetic catch to hold the door closed. Go for a clean look with a catch bored into the carcase edge, or you can get mounting plate to hold the catch on the inside of the cabinet.

Good luck
Yep I have used the Hettich and pretty good but have had the metal plate on the doors come unstuck in the humid environment of a bathroom. They use a double sided tape but this is easily replaced with a drop of epoxy.

Back