purple heart and oak candlestick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xc-mtbr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all not posted for a while just interested in your opinions on this
candlestick.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/xc-mtbr/turned candlestick/

Mod edit: You need to have a url ending in a recognised image file format for them to display with an img tag
Code:
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/xc-mtbr/turned%20candlestick/candlestick.jpg[/img]

nice candlestick needed to be fairly hefty for the size of candle , I think that has been achieved without anything being out of proportion , looks good to me.

thanks, i have some more purple heart and intend to make 2 smaller versions. Purchased some spray laquer from chesnut so i might give that a whirl instead of the friction polish followed by carnuba wax as this finish soon diminishes

Love it, a pair would make it look even better I think?

One question, not that i'm overly bothered, its entirely up to you.....but were you naked when you took the picture? :lol:

that awful background is my house :lol:

I do all my best work naked, just ask the wife 8)

I have just purchased some more purpleheart and intend to do 2 smaller versions to stand either side. They will have a smaller version of the base the ball and bead from the original centre section then the purpleheart top.

Thanks for your interesting comments :mrgreen:

xc-mtbr":23miu4mj said:
that awful background is my house :lol:

I do all my best work naked, just ask the wife 8)

I have just purchased some more purpleheart and intend to do 2 smaller versions to stand either side. They will have a smaller version of the base the ball and bead from the original centre section then the purpleheart top.

Thanks for your interesting comments :mrgreen:
Sorry, I wasn't criticising your house (it's tidier than mine!), just trying to point out that a nice piece of turnery would have been better photographed against a plain background. :wink:

xc-mtbr":2ti7psii said:
No the house can be excused we only moved in a week ago hence the mess.

But at least you managed to get the napkins set up quickly :lol: :lol:

Like the candlestick, though - I've struggled to get one, very boring, straight sided one done for the challenge!

Latest posts

Back