Pull out Wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the larder runners and got stuck in on the wardrobes. I have got the main carcass completed and the pull out shoe storage half assembled.
DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2847.jpg

I am unsure what to do about the gap between the outer door and the inner frame side? Both the outer doors will slide so the outer doors need to slide past each other. I was thinking of some type of draught excluder maybe in white so it will match the finish. Can anyone suggest anything?

Yes that sort of thing but it needs to be white to match the wardrobes which will be painted white. I was thinking of silicone shower seal or similar.

Would you consider making all three doors flush when closed, then, pushing the centre one in to give clearance for the sliders? Only problem is I cannot think of how to achieve this, sorry.

I think the brush idea may look a bit amateurish.

Mick

mailee....

Sorry mate buttttttttttttt
At the risk of offending you I think you have got this one wrong

The slope on the shelves is too much,,,,, As the door is opened and closed shoes will fall off ( not always but enough to cause annoyance)
I would leave a bigger gap on the bottom two shelves as well for boots (especially if Knee length, Black Shiny : twisted : twisted: LOL) and close up the other shelves slightly.

I personally would have gone with a pivot door that can be slid back into a pocket and if opening space is an issue then the pivot point could be made each side of the pull out Section
This in turn means that all 3 doors will line up when closed and there would be nothing required to hide any gaps

Roger

The middle rails look to high on the doors for me. And as others mention the shoe rail angle is way to steep.

I have taken all the advice guys and have changed the design of the shoe rack. I have turned the shelves around so the shoes point sideways and lowered the angle of the shelves. I have also started making some more doors with thinner rails. I have also recessed the centre door so the outer doors can slide closer to the cabinet and have smaller gaps. Will post some shots once they are together again. Thanks for the advice. :wink:

I think you have made the right call Alan - it didnt look quite right before.

We have all been there and done it, the important thing is to get it right in the workshop - never compromise before it goes to a customer - they may accept it but complain to others afterwards and reputation in the marketplace is everything!

Here are the pics of the pull out now it has been altered.
DSCN2849.jpg

This is the centre door now altered also.
DSCN2848.jpg

I ran out of 6mm MDF so couldn't finish the other two doors yet. I have ordered some more and will post some more pics when they are assembled.
I have been working on some more doors today so didn't get a lot more done on the robes. ;)

Back