pull out shelf in TV cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiemabbutt

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me how to fit a pullout shelf in my Tv cabinet? It must fit about 12mm away from the insides of the cabinet to allow for clearance of the doors. It will need to come out about 300mm. I have ssen a variety of American fittings called "undermount" or centremount" which retail quite cheaply but the only ones I can find here are Accuride 9301 series and they are way too expensive. All ideas would be welcome.

Those are the type I use, they are 12.5mm wide (25mm for the pair) each runner is designed to hold approx 45kg from memory and as the components lock together you cannot accidentally pull the drawer/slide off the runners.

Thanks for the replies. Is it ok to use this type horizontally? All the diagrams show the runners fitting between the shelf and the side panels but I need them to fit betwwen the shelf and the base.

They will be stiffer (stronger not greater friction!) if used vertically but should be ok horizontally with modest loads.

This would apply equally to the slides you suggested and the Buller ones.
Don't forget to check that your cabinet will remain stable with the weight overhanding the base by up to 300mm.

Bob

Latest posts

Back