Pugh's Auction - Saturday 7th Jan Ledbury

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably...

385A Holtey A31 thumbplane
385B Holtey No 10 mitre plane

Pete

Woodmatt":vxrghhwv said:
Never been before,I hope it's worth the journey, 140 miles so an early start.For anyone who has been before is parking nearby a problem? Thanks

There is limited parking on their site and you'd have to be really early to bag one of those. There is one fairly large car park (pay) within easy walking distance plus two other smaller ones - also within easy walking distance. If you do buy anything then you can pay at any time and take the stuff away. Some people will bring their cars up to the doors and park on the yellows - which you can do as you are loading.

Do check the online catalogue be fore you take a long trip.

I live fairly close, and although I have other commitments, I probably wouldn't be going anyway, as most of the tool stuff is a bit limited, and I've got a lot of wood to use up presently. The "online bidding" site has pictures of many of the lots. You might get lucky and find something in one of the odd mixed lots, but it looks a bit of a ragbag compared to earlier years.

The other reason for going is to meet people though, and that would make it worthwhile, obviously!

Thanks for the tips Eric and Roger,trying to make it a bit of a day out plus with living in West Wales it is nigh on impossible to buy any decent hardwood without either buying large quantities or paying a hefty delivery charge as there are no hardwood merchant that I can find this side of the Severn Bridge so I am hoping to find some half decent timber.
PS Sorry don't have a UKW shirt

Be aware, Woodmatt, that a lot of this timber will be green. Some will be air-dried. Not much will have been kiln-dried if past auctions are anything to go by.

What types of wood are you after ?

RogerS I am looking for Cherry and Walnut primarily,would you imagine these will Green. Sound like I had better bring my moisture meter.So who could I meet up with as I know no one from this group in fact no other woodworkers.

Am I wasting my time and fuel money?

Back