Proxxon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
It is to cold to go out to my shed and use my saw,
I was thinking about a small light-weight saw to use on the kitchin table with a big dust sheet under it.
Has anyone tried this, was thinking about the Proxxon DS230e
for portraits and inlay work,but not sure if it has a tilting table for cutting bevels.has anyone used this saw......Geoff3

I've not used that particular saw but I've used the little table saw - the KS230. It cuts up to 9mm which I found too small for me so upgraded to the bigger FET table saw.

They all seem well made and I've been happy with both of my saws.

Hope that might help with the brand if not the actual specific saw.

Hi Geoff3. The problem with working indoors is that the dust will go everywhere, not just on the floor. You would have to have all the doors shut and ideally have a vacuum going to collect the dust as it comes off the saw.

Thanks Jensmith,
Yep the Fet table saw does sound good I have one on order from Conrad in Germany, just waiting for delivery.
Geoff , the thought of having a noisy vacuum cleaner going all the time it would drive me up the pole I think I will just have to run my gas heater in the shed to keep warm, only trouble is it costs about 57 pence per hour to run. Thanks for pointing out the airborne dust problem.
even just the dust from cutting plywood might have the wife chaseing me with a dustpan and polish...Ha Ha cheers..... Geoff3

Check blade clamps.

I have proxxon dsh the man who invented(blade clamps) it should end up on the electric chair. Or even worse, use for eternity his solution .

Back