• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Protecting Images in User Gallery ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
The 'right-click' option to save a picture in the User Gallery is disabled but once the picture loads full size it can be saved to hard disk without any problems. I don't mind but others might, they might not, but it might be an idea to find a way to disable any saving of these pictures to hard drive if they are for viewing only and not copying ?

*I'll go stand in a corner now* :D

A

Anonymous

There is no real way to protect images completely, you can only deter. THe usual saying is that if you dont want to lose it, dont put it up. Even with these elaborate schemes of putting images in flash files, a simple screen capture and the image is yours

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
True enough, I suppose one of the best ways is to watermark your work/image especially if you can do it within the image itself so that the watermark is transparent but the image is still clear that way someone with a good graphics program can't just 'erase' your watermark :wink:

sawdustalley

Established Member
Reaction score
If people have a problem with it, then they shouldn't upload their images on a public website. Doesn't take einstein to figure that one out.

I agree with Guest, its impossible to project the images. The best way to protect them is with a water-mark, no doubt about it.

Latest posts