Pro's and con's needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm getting ready to spend some money on power tools for my new workshop when I get it built. I've looked about for a while and decide to push my budget till it squeeked.
The two machines I'm considering are an Elektra Beckum BAS316 bandsaw
and an Elektra Beckum PK200 Table Saw. I would like your pro's and con's on my choice.
all the best

Drew.

good woodworking di d atest last month on midrange table saws including the pk200.
i think they liked the sheppach one better. primarily because it had an induction motor.

i've got the pk255 and its a good saw.
i would say that it is at the midpiont between a cheap contractors saw and a cabinet saw.

if you can get a saw with an induction motor do because they are so much quieter.

aleks

Drew - go for the Scheppach Basato 3 bandsaw. It's only £20 more than the EB 316, but it's a much better saw. The fence is brilliant, it has an induction motor and variable speed. That's got to be worth £20 of anybody's money! Aleks is dead right about the induction motor on the saw table. The EB 200 is very accurate, but deafeningly noisy - as bad as the cheap ones.

Thanks Aleks, Steve and James for your thoughts on my choices.
Steve I might just push the boat out that twenty quid further as you suggest.
I actually thought that the elektra beckum range had induction motors in them. But now I know I'll look around for a saw within my budget that has the induction motor.

Thanks again

Drew

i think the pk200 is the only eb saw wuth a brush motor.

don't know why

aleks

Latest posts

Back