Productive day today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished making a form for the rockers.
Adam W - really sorry to hear of your Dads problems. All my best wishes to you both.
Jacob - where on earth did you get Seville oranges from at this time of year? We can only get them in January!

I finished making a form for the rockers.
Adam W - really sorry to hear of your Dads problems. All my best wishes to you both.
Jacob - where on earth did you get Seville oranges from at this time of year? We can only get them in January!
Got them in January and froze them. Marmalade all year round!
Big box full from a local wholesaler and split it with other people, with enough for us until next January probably. Just use 1kg at a time - easier than doing a huge batch in January.

Made a new chess board for my blind wife, inspired as she got a gold medal for her efforts.

image_2021-09-21_114250.png

Re-floored the entire flat with 42 packs of bamboo flooring and installed 200m + of solid euro oak skirting and architrave all profiled with a #405

ooh & put the furniture back all before tea
💪

Tomorrow nothing other than sit on a space hopper ♿

Re-floored the entire flat with 42 packs of bamboo flooring

Was that howdens? Ive fitted it a couple of times. The first one was 18 months ago, has held up really well, the customers have a big dog that runs through the kitchen and so far it looks great. The latest job though, it seems like the finish might have changed as it showed a couple of scratches quite easily. I tested a couple of offcuts... hopefully it will be ok, the materials alone were 1800 quid!!

Attachments

• 20210828_132936.jpg
    20210828_132936.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210828_132944.jpg
    20210828_132944.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210825_154916.jpg
    20210825_154916.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 16
It was chinese/Malaysian stuff, 22mm thick with a dark stain. Looks great goes together well but hard on the blades (used up a brand new bahco 244) and gives nasty splinters at times. It has been taking up half the living room over the last 2 years due to the joist replacement for the whole flat being stopped when I got ill and due to covid meaning I had to shield and the builder couldn't come in. On the whole very happy with it and still a kitchen to build and a new bathroom suite and a victorian WC to fit out with wainscoating as well. But for tomorrow as my knees are killing me and my back is plotting to murder me, I will be taking it very easy as I let my pooch earn me some money by getting his leg over with his girlfriend

Lucky dog....

Ha. Yeah the splinters are a special kind of fun... for some reason, they are small and feel quite like needles :LOL:
Bamboo is very hard, jigsaw blades didnt last long!

Madam bought 6 Venetian blinds all cut to width, manufacturers said no they can’t be shortened, not having that!
So made some tiny clamps to stop the cords being pulled up to the top whilst I removed a lot of the bottom slats. Worked a treat. So am now flavour of the month. Ian

Had a go at lead welding for the first time, I really should have welded the back gutter into shape before fitting it to the roof but I know for next time. I now know that lead welding isn't as easy as it looks especially on a slope or vertical joint

I woke up to the unwelcome discovery that my back lawn had turned into a lake overnight due to a ruptured water pipe. Found the leak after digging a trench 12 metres long by 1 metre deep. The other thing I found is that I'm really getting too old for this sort of stuff.

Another day of grovelling around on my knees laying out a fan vault, it's murder on my back and I've got at least 5 full scale drawings 8'x4' to do.

It's tough being an art student.....honest!

Latest posts

Back