Productive day today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I made some moulding :D
It's some sills for around some small windows to hold the perspex against. Just all cut on the bandsaw, about 20mmx10mm with about a 20deg slant in mahogany.

What did you do today ? :D

I put in a simple row of units in a garage ive converted into an art studio ( for a customer ). Im making a character oak worktop and matching shelves tomorrow

A bit more work on the new lean-to greenhouse, put a ridge board up and sealed it in ready to fit the roof lights tomorrow, then a bit more work on my new sander organiser.

I finished off putting a few photos on my new instagram account/page/whatever. I don't know if you've seen the instagram, it's like a photo album in the ethernet.

Made most of a 12 by 10 woman cave replaced the vacuum/extractor on the mitre saw and reworked the ducting and troubleshot the old vacuum without success.

glued an enormous square bay window up( the front is 123 inches across and 84 inches high! ) just got to make the casements next then spray the lot.

Worked, took kids to school, worked more, coached kids at hockey (20 Celsius and sunny in Aberdeen in Sept, result), hoovered house for mum’s arrival tomorrow, stripped old letter box plate (what an amazing surprise), dinner, kids bedtime stories and songs. Good day.
Fitz.

@Adam W. dementia must be tough on you, your dad and your family, hope you found a few smiles along the way.

We did, thanks.

I haven't had much time with him over the last year and a half, so I'll make the most of it while I can. I got some fan vault thinking done too, so all in all it was as good a day as it could be.

I went to a place I worked at for many years. Made microwave radios for comms. The building is closing. Everything left in the place has been written off, so it's being scrapped. There are hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of benches, equipment, storage, racking, being scrapped. Hundreds of thousands of components still in original ESD packaging. I was able to get access for an afternoon to take what I wanted, but I was like a rabbit in the headlights, so much to choose from. I would need a week. I went for the basic stuff. Metal! I got lots of aluminium, a 4m small 'I' section steel joist. Lots of U shaped steel channeling, a 1000m3/hr dust extractor. I purchased it 20 years ago, but two were delivered, so it had never been used. Also got about 20 blocks of aluminium 3"X3"x1" . I'll have nightmares about all the things being ripped out and thrown into the back of a lorry tomorrow, for scrap.
A productive day!!

@Adam W. You win for the commitment to your Dad. God bless you man, wish my Son cared half as much about me.

I put another coat of varnish on the chessboard I’m making for my son 😀

Attachments

• 3C12E2CC-FF59-4234-96FB-AE325A38D51E.jpeg
    3C12E2CC-FF59-4234-96FB-AE325A38D51E.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 11
Pulled up lots of bamboo this morning, and moved the contents of a shed into a new shed. This afternoon I ran a power cable to the old shed to power the freezers which have been moved. So easy to say, such a monumental pain to do - today was a three tee - shirt day, so I must have been reasonably busy. I also entertained guests and watched Ricky Gervais 's "Humans". Absolutely nothing involving wood, u less bamboo counts.

Went to look at a floor a customer was having problems with under her integrated washing machine.
CCFA0792-9461-4D9C-8CD4-AE3BBB2E8600.jpeg

yes those white strands look to be mushrooms the chipboard was so sodden.

D8371E5F-856B-4B46-89B4-B4DC06E10008.jpeg

So that’s tomorrow sorted for me 😖

@Adam W. my best wishes go to you & your dad, I lost my mum to early onset dementia 13 years ago at the age of 68 the previous few years are the worse I’ve known, you have my sympathy.

We did, thanks.

I haven't had much time with him over the last year and a half, so I'll make the most of it while I can. I got some fan vault thinking done too, so all in all it was as good a day as it could be.
My 92 year old Mum has had Alzheimer's for 5 years now and I live over 2 hours away. As a result of Covid I haven't seen her much over the last 18 months so I totally understand. Mum is at the stage where I can't hold a telephone conversation with her anymore. My sister and brother are local thank goodness and do a superb job of looking after her.

Back