Problems with Makita LXT batteries ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have certainly not been impressed with my batteries. I use both of my drill drivers on a daily basis and the first Makita battery gave up after just one year! the replacement cheapo gave up after about two months! I am now down to one Makita battery and one cheapo. I am loath to replace another one and am now thinking about going for a De Walt driver instead. I still have a very old 9.6 volt Makita driver that is a Ni Cad and still on the original battery! How is it they could make a quality battery years ago yet not today? I changed to the Li Ion after my set of 12V Makita Ni Cads gave up after one year! My opinion is that Makita seems to have gone downhill in recent years...well the drill drivers anyway. :roll:

I have had one 18v LXT die (from six) and one 36v Makita battery die. The rest have been fine, and I think the system is fantastic. I have a 18v circular saw, 36v chainsaw (which takes two 18v batteries on an adapter) and 36v strimmer/pruner/hedgetrimmer. They are all amazing, though I like the idea of finding a dealer who can test failed batteries. We did an article about boosting failed batteries. I wonder if it would work in this case.

Nick

Back