Problem with UJK Parf guide system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I have recently purchased a path guide system, from UJK. The intention is of course to make MFT style workbench top.

After several attempts using the kit, I haven't managed to get it to work.

I create my first line of 10 holes, proceed with the 6 8 10 triangle resulting in two columns each"perpendicular" to the row I first created.

It's then that the error becomes apparent, when making rows that join the two "perpendicular" columns. When when trying to pin holes 0 and 10 on the parf stick,each end connecting to the columns, it appears that park stick is coming up short.

I hope I have made a reasonable reasonable explanation. has anybody any experience with this issue or have suggestions to resolve?

Thanks

Have you seen the video on YouTube. Peter Parfitt explains from A to Z and back again. I just decided I would buy a new top should I ever need one. At this stage I doubt I will go through the top that came with my MFT! So the Parf guide system would be an expensive unnecessary purchase.

Have a look on the Festool Owners Group website, there are quite a few threads about people having problems with the Parf guide system. Some down to user error but mainly because Axminster have had production problems and it's probably your Parf rules that are the issue, they keep changing the design and will probably swap them for you.

Thanks. I've read and reread the instructions. I've also followed Peter's video to a tee.

Doug71":1xzt64e5 said:

Thanks. That describes my problem precisely. It's a disgrace. Time is precious, and I spent a full day repeating the steps each time at a slower and slower Pace with utmost care and attention.

End result is a wasted day, and a wasted 18mm medite sheet. Now the waiting game to see if I can get a replacement. Too much money to Shell out for dodgy tooling. theres not much to the kit, surely one is paying the premium for precision (in woodworking terms) and quality. I'm really ticked off

There were 'issues' in the accuracy of drilling the CNC 3mm holes in the Parf Sticks which were corrected but it appears they may be still there. I bought a kit which currently has a sale pending (from somewhere else) and it was perfect to construct my Parf top - Rob

Email them again. I contacted them on Wednesday with an (in hindsight, slightly grumpy) email, got an email reply within a few hours and a replacement part today. I'm nobodies fanboy (OK, if I'm honest that's not true, but it's not Axminster), but credit where it's due, they DO answer emails or phone.

Back