Problem with rise and fall mechanism on scheppach ts2500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barlow

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could purchase a threaded spindle for this machine.
The threads have been damaged by the use of a grommet with an Allan key which has been used as part of this mechanism. This was fitted from new - is this normal? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Hey Barlow, Welcome to the forum :)

First things first, how bad is the damage? Do you have any photos of it you could share? It's not out of the realms of possibility to repair the thread if it isn't too mangled which might be a lot cheaper than trying to source a new threaded spindle from rip-off spare parts dealers.

I found this page of a parts list for a TS2500, I'm guessing the "grommet with the allen key" you mentioned is number 40?
726RRTg.jpg

Many thanks Trevanion
I am going to attempt to make the thread useable with some careful use of needle files. I have the same exploded diagram as you and I think that part 40 is the bearing which the spindle goes through. This diagram doesn't seem to show the grommet (collar) but instead shows two nuts on the spindle (parts 45) which lead me to think that the grommet(collar) shouldn't be there. What do you think

If you've bought the machine secondhand perhaps the two nuts were lost at some point and have been replaced with what you've got, as a pure guess. If it doesn't affect the use of the machine with it removed I don't see why you'd need it otherwise.

image.jpeg
Thanks again
I did buy it new and it hasn't been tinkered with so I am puzzled as to exactly what the purpose of the collar is. I am now going to get cracking with the file. If I am unable to sort the thread out do you know where I could source a new spindle? I have tried to attach a picture but not sure of success as I am new to this.
Many thanks for your help

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 283
That is an interesting one, the only thing I can assume that collar is there for is limiting the height the blade could raise or lower for some reason. Perhaps to get around some British H&S legislation that doesn't apply on the continent or maybe it's an afterthought to stop the blade assembly fouling on something if wound up or down too much.

If you can't clean up the threads with a file it might be worth asking for a quote for a new spindle from Powertoolspares.com but I suggest that you may need a seat once you get the quotation :lol:

If the spindle isn't too complex and it's standard metric threads it wouldn't be too difficult or costly to make.

Hi again Trevanion
I have managed to get the thread back to workable. Took about three hours with a needle file but now okay.
I have just put the mechanism back ( without the collar!!) and everything works perfectly so I have no idea why this collar was there. I think that your thoughts are probably correct about its presence.
This exercise has really emphasised how important it is to clean the threaded spindle regularly to avoid clogging and damage to the threads.
Many many thanks for your excellent help and advice - great website for novices like me.

Latest posts

Back