Pro Performance Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one does seem to be like drawing teeth ;-)

I would suggest that this machine *is* a scroll saw (see label)

And it takes the standard 130mm length blades

BUT someone has fitted a coping saw blade of 165mm length (because it looks the same as a pinned blade bar the length) and loosened the tension right off as far as it will go, which also explains the lack of travel in the blade

Scroll saws take standard scroll saw blades *not* coping saw blades of 165mm length

Coping saws take 165mm (6 1/2") blades but I have yet to see one in this country as a machine bar industrial

Which is why I suggested obtaining some scroll saw blades

Its not obsolete IMHO, its just got the wrong blade in it

The Scheppach SD1600V as sold by Screwfix has the exact same blade holders, which take plain and pinned blades, coping saws blades are always pinned , why would they make a machine to take coping saw blades that can also take non existent plain blades?

As there is a phone number on the side of it, perhaps a call to them and ask for a manual for it might resolve it all

Guys thank you so much. As you suggested Whatknot and others, it had the wrong size blade in it! I replaced the 165mm blade with a 130mm and hey presto! I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you all for helping out a newbie. Amongst all your responses there were no frivolous or facetious or just plain unhelpful ones and I am immeasurably in your collective debt. Thank you all so much. Best wishes, Jerry

Jerrymjj":1rijf94v said:
Guys thank you so much. As you suggested Whatknot and others, it had the wrong size blade in it! I replaced the 165mm blade with a 130mm and hey presto! I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you all for helping out a newbie. Amongst all your responses there were no frivolous or facetious or just plain unhelpful ones and I am immeasurably in your collective debt. Thank you all so much. Best wishes, Jerry

Now you have a working scroll saw .... show us what you make with it. I bought a scrollsaw only last week, so I am at the very beginning of the learning curve. Looking forward to many happy evenings molesting small pieces of wood.

Latest posts

Back