Prize of all Prizes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Have you seen the competition that Good Woodworking magazine is running? How's £10,000 worth of Jet products and a 4x4 metre timber workshop to put it all in? Now that's what i call a prize.

All you have to do is collect 5 tokens and answer 3 questions. of course you then have to get picked out of the hat, but someone has to win. Lets just hope it is one of us lot.

Good luck to you all and may the best Mike win.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

I wouldn't waste your time entering because the prize is going to either Charley or myself.

I found the jpg for Jetman's avatar and Charley uploaded it. Having passed on the free gifts that were showered upon Charley, it must be my turn. :roll:

Simple, eh. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Well despite my current winning streak, I shall pass and let youse guys have a chance. Damned if I'm going to chop up my GWWs for the tokens just for a bunch of tailed stuff anyway. :wink: Actually, that's a genuine moan; why couldn't the token be on the reverse of an advert page? :( Also a trifle misleading to show a JWBS16 when the prize includes a mere JWBS14. Tut tut...

Cheers, Alf

Sorry, did it come out like that? :( I dunno, it's probably this stinking cold I've got making me a bit ratty. :cry:

Cheers, Alf <cough, sneeze etc>

Awwwww :cry: Sorry to hear that.
Get some echinacea down ya and get back out to the workshop! The sawdust may soak up the damp!?

Hi All,

What the hecks going on. I was sure that you lot would be as excited as me.

You miserble bunch of chippys and to think i had already decided that when i win i was going to share the prize with you.

May you get splinters where the sun don't shine.

I must lead a sad life when a bunch of machines get me going.

Tom, it begins this month (issue 150) and token 1 is inside

Regards

Mike

Alf":2f14gb8f said:
Actually, that's a genuine moan; why couldn't the token be on the reverse of an advert page? :(

Well Alf you could use rule No3:

GWW website":2f14gb8f said:
3. No purchase necessary. Should you wish to enter the competition without purchasing the magazine, please send an A4 SAE for vouchers plus entry form to Jet Competition, Good Woodworking, 30 Monmouth St, Bath BA1 2BW.

It will cost you 2 envelopes and stamps but your magazine remains un cut :D

Well folks, I fully appreciate your efforts to persuade me to enter and deprive you all of the opportunity of winning. I'm touched, I really am. :D But no, I'll wait for the 200th issue with the L-N competition to win one of their benches plus a wide range of their tools from which to choose. Or a Clifton comp? Heck, Veritas then? (Rob, that'd really get those planes noticed eh...? nudge-nudge, wink-wink). I'm not fussy. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back