Printing colours from Sketchup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone can help with this problem but here goes. When I print out a drawing from sketchup with a material on it the colours print out wrong. I printed a drawing of a dog crate (Don't ask) and covered it with a southern yellow Pine material. It looked fine on screen but when it was printed out it was a purple colour? Is this a problem with my settings in Sketchup or is it a problem with my printer? Can't seem to get my head around this one? :?

I don't think it would be a problem with SketchUp (and there aren't any settings for anything like that in SketchUp) but it could be a problem with your printer. Have you tried printing a test page. Perhaps you're out of one or more colors of ink. What happens if you export a JPG image from SketchUp and then print that?

Thanks Dave. I haven't had chance to try anything yet as I have been pretty busy. i shall give that a try. I know it is not the ink as those are half full.

I sorted out the problem, it was the ink in my printer! It showed ink in there but once I changed the cartridges it printed fine again. Thanks for the help Dave. I am guessing the cartridges were just too low?

I'm glad you got it to work. I suppose it could have been the ink was too low. It might also be that just one color was out. In any case, you should be set now.

Back