Printing colours from Sketchup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone can help with this problem but here goes. When I print out a drawing from sketchup with a material on it the colours print out wrong. I printed a drawing of a dog crate (Don't ask) and covered it with a southern yellow Pine material. It looked fine on screen but when it was printed out it was a purple colour? Is this a problem with my settings in Sketchup or is it a problem with my printer? Can't seem to get my head around this one? :?

I don't think it would be a problem with SketchUp (and there aren't any settings for anything like that in SketchUp) but it could be a problem with your printer. Have you tried printing a test page. Perhaps you're out of one or more colors of ink. What happens if you export a JPG image from SketchUp and then print that?

Thanks Dave. I haven't had chance to try anything yet as I have been pretty busy. i shall give that a try. I know it is not the ink as those are half full.

I sorted out the problem, it was the ink in my printer! It showed ink in there but once I changed the cartridges it printed fine again. Thanks for the help Dave. I am guessing the cartridges were just too low?

I'm glad you got it to work. I suppose it could have been the ink was too low. It might also be that just one color was out. In any case, you should be set now.

Latest posts

Back