Printer HELP!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope someone on here can help me with my printer problem before I tear my hair out (Well what's left of it) I am using Windows XP on my computer. I have an Epson sx 105 all in one printer and it has been working fine. I was printing out a brochure I made in Microsoft publisher which is 15 pages and contains photos and text. It printed one off fine and then when I tried to print a second it changed colour to all red! I re booted the computer after checking the ink levels which were fine. It then printed fine again. I then tried to print out a letter with just black text and it came out blank? It made all of the normal sounds and the cartridge moved back and forth as normal but no print. I did the nozzle check and then cleaned the heads but to no avail. Finally I removed the driver and re installed it still without any luck. I have tried printing text from three different programs on my computer without any success. It will however print photos fine? In desperation I put a page of text in the scanner and hit the copy button on the printer and it printed it out fine?? Can anyone shed any light on this problem before I throw it through the window. :evil:

Cant help with the technical stuff but may I suggest.....open the window before you chuck the printer out, so avoiding a second problem. :)

Serious question have you tried turning the printer off leaving it for a couple of minutes and turning it back on?

The reason I ask is that when I used to be in IT support this used to clear 95% of all printer problems.

john

Thanks guys. I will remember to open the window first yes. :lol: I have tried turning the printer off for a few minutes still no go. I did find that if I changed the colour of the fonts to something other than black it would print them out so this leads me to believe that the black cartridge is at fault. I have just installed the cartridge which is the second one as it wouldn't recognise the first! It did recognise this cartridge and it did work at first so maybe it has spat out it's dummy on the black cartridge.......Epson! :evil:

Back