Print your own stamps - wiegh your own letters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been having a trawl round royal mail website for shipping costs.

Interestingly, they have a program you can download to your PC and you can print your own stamps....

Royal Mail":3cedrwtu said:
"SmartStamp™ lets you print a postage mark directly onto envelopes and labels, using your own PC and printer. It's a fast and convenient way to take total control of your day to day postage: from printing your own postage marks - which you can personalise with your own logo or advertising message - to automatically mail merging addresses from your address books. All from your PC to an envelope or label in a few easy clicks.

What's more, you can keep an eye on exactly how much you're spending when you're sending. You'll be able to look at a record of all the postage marks you've produced and their cost. And it's easy to keep yourself in postage: just buy more credit online. You need never run out of stamps again."

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... Id=4200010

Also.... you can something for free! Easy weigh...

Royal Mail":3cedrwtu said:
Weighing letters to find the correct postage, especially for sending abroad can sometimes be a problem: kitchen scales can't do the job accurately enough, you're too busy to get to your local Post Office™ branch, and you think...just think that the letter in your hand is a wee bit too heavy for the standard postage. Using the wrong postage could mean that the item could be returned to you - or that you're paying too much. What do you do? That's where EasyWeigh can help. A simple, cardboard weighing device, EasyWeigh weighs letters from 20g to 100g, and is completely free to order. We even pay for the postage. Which we calculated on an EasyWeigh as being 28p.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... tId=400037

Interesting stuff I thought.

Adam

waterhead37":1hdkfcch said:
I wonder how long it will be before you can download the stuff from the file sharing networks? :wink:

Dunno, but it'll certainly be something I'll be using on my Christmas cards this year!

Adam

£4.99+ a month? Might well be worth it, but I'm not doing that much postage a month to make it worthwhile.

Andrew

I have one of those easyweigh things! Could never turn down a freebie!
Those stamps are a nice idea but a bit pricey. Or maybe I'm thinking of the similiar picture stamp service they offer ...
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back