Price Hike

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
Before I slipped down other slippery slopes, my main hobby was HiFi.
I've got several thousand LP's and lots of Quad, Leak, Linn and other stuff which now sadly gets little use.
Thinking of off-loading some of it I started looking at prices on the web.
One bit of gear I have is a Keith Monks Record Cleaner - which I have never used!!
I bought it and then stopped collecting as I was running out of space.
I was quite surprised to see that they are still available starting at a whopping £2.6k and considered the best record cleaner in the world!
I never paid anything like that so some price hike - nice to have something that might have gone up in value over the years?

Rod

Harbo":23e33313 said:
Before I slipped down other slippery slopes, my main hobby was HiFi.
I've got several thousand LP's and lots of Quad, Leak, Linn and other stuff which now sadly gets little use....
Sounds depressingly familiar :(
My Rock has been it's box since before my son was born, and the Stereo 20 is in the loft, with the pre-amp and the speaker I built myself :(

Thinking of off-loading some of it I started looking at prices on the web.
If only you could advertise it here...

One bit of gear I have is a Keith Monks Record Cleaner - which I have never used!!
I remember them but never wanted spend that much even then on something that didn't play anything...

If only my LPs had gone up as much!

Well, Keith Monks do work, pretty well, but that's a really silly price for something you can DIY fairly easily.

Just don't ever do what I once did to a BBC archive 78rpm recording: used my 'usual poison' of water and isopropyl alcohol on it.
It was outstandiing on vinyl... but melted shellac :oops:

Back