Precise Jigsaw: Festool PS420 EBQ-Plus or Bosch GST160CE ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get advise from tuffsaws about the best blade for cutting oak sleepers. Possibly a 1/2" sabrecut blade which has a wider set for deep cutting.

Oak sleepers arent the easiest timber to cut as they could be quite wet and difficult grain, knots and splits.

You might want to try lifting one of those sleepers! It might put you off wanting to buy some and slice them up.

Been lifting them at various times over the last two or three years...
Yes, they're heavy... I gave up when it came to the posts for the deck I'm making... three 8" x 8" green oak posts, each 3m long... must weigh about 120-130kg each.
I let my two lads move them for me :)
I'm making the parts for the deck at the moment... posts, beams, cross-rails, joists, corner braces and steps...
I think making the components is probably the easy bit... Putting it all together and getting it into place is going to be... Challenging..?!! :)

phil.p":2gxcyic6 said:
When you come to fix everything, don't make the mistake of mixing stainless and galvanvanise (damhikt) - the reaction between them will strip the zinc.

Thanks Phil, I'm pegging most of the joints, but I'll bear that in mind
Ian

Back