Pre Hung External Entry Door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my back door and frame, I'm thinking of installing a pre hung door but I have no experience of them. The back of the house gets a lot of battering from the weather with lots of driving rain! Oh, and it would have to have a cat flap cut into it! Does anybody have recommendations or pointers?

If its a wooden one it's just like fitting any other door. Take off the door from the hinge, fit the frame, hang the door.
Some composite doors are better hung with the door in the frame it depends on the hinge style.
In this case you have to get the frame and door combo positioned, then open the door and wedge it while drilling and fixing it. You will need an assistant and some airbags are very handy.

Ollie

Thank you for that Ollie. I have watched a couple of videos on YouTube about the fitting and I like the speed and ease of installation, I'm time poor at the moment so this would suit me. Why would there be a difference between a wooden pre hung and a composite one with regards to taking the door off to fit with the wooden one and leaving the compost one in the frame for fitting? Do you have any reccomendations of companies that supply these doors. I have looked online and two door sets that look to be pretty similar are wildly different in price which might suggest one is twice the quality but that may not be the case!!

Back