Power Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevsf1

Established Member
Reaction score
Having recently returned from living in the US, I wanted to buy a large shopvac which I found invaluable when I was there for. These are useful for dust extraction of sanders etc as well as a general workshop vacuum. The brand I had out there was Craftsman by Sears. When I tried to obtain a similar size machine here I hit a brick wall. Sears website, every few months, has shipping to UK for £10, irrespective of purchase value/size. I bought the Shopvac for $ 70 with $10 shipping and it was delivered by Air four days later. Amazing value. Its worth checking in at SEARS to check availability of low cost shipping. Tools in the US are at worst £ for $ value.

Thanks

Plus custome charges!

Bin there done that and bought a French/English translator from a company in New York for a very good price, delivered here to France. When it arrived there was 58€ import tax to pay. Cracking bit of kit and worth the extra, but!!

I have also had other stuff from the States with no tax charged. So you pays yer money and you takes yer chance me-thinks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They have their £10 shipping offer running at the moment. They say guaranteed no further landing charges - but I guess this doesn't cover duty and VAT. Anyway it does seem incredibly cheap international shipping!

sears website states that there are no hidden charges for uk customers they calculate duty ,vat carraige etc. So i'm not sure how you couldn't have paid any tax (trevsf1).

Back